Our privacy and cookies policy
This policy explains how Cickers:
- treats personal information that is collected on our website, including information relating to your use of our websites, and
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number and so on, and which is not normally publicly available.
Information collection and use
We will use the information that we obtain for the following general purposes: to contact you if you email us and to monitor the performance of our website.
Information sharing and disclosure
Cickers will never sell or share your personal information with any third party except:
- when we have your permission,
- as part of any legal proceedings or regulatory investigation, or
- as otherwise required by law.
We use three different types of cookies to help our websites work well. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may put on your computer. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website and this helps us to provide you with a good experience when you visit our website and also allows us to improve our site.
The main categories of cookies that we use are:
1. Cookies that are necessary to run the site
Our sites use some cookies which are essential to keeping the site working and provide the services you need. These include cookies that enable you to stay logged in for an entire visit to the site, though we don’t need you to login to view the site at this time.
2. Cookies which help us improve the site – analytics cookies and web beacons
We use analytics cookies:
- to see what website content is popular and how people are using the site as they allow us to track users movement through our websites. This type of information is amalgamated so that we can build up a picture of how the site is performing.
In addition, if we email you, we may place a tiny tag (also known as ‘tracking pixel’ or ‘web beacon’) on the email we send out. These do not collect any personal information, but they let us know how many people are opening and reading our emails so that we can choose more popular content.
The information we collect using analytics cookies is anonymous and does not involve collecting the name or address of any user. The analytics cookies that we use only operate through our websites so they and the data they collect are not shared with anyone else.
3. Cookies which help us get value for money from advertising
We use an Amazon.co.uk affiliate program on this website. This helps us get money from your purchases at Amazon.co.uk. To do so we place links with codes in them that will allow Amazon.co.uk to identify you as coming from this Cickers website, and if you purchase items from Amazon.co.uk we can be sent a small percentage of the price you pay for goods.
The cookies we specifically use when you visit our site
How you can control the cookies used and placed on your computer
You can control the use and placing of any cookies on your computer through the settings you select on your internet browser. To do this, please check with your specific internet web browser for the settings.
We may update this policy at any time.
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has more information about cookies use on their website.